Saturday, February 24, 2007

Remember these??

Now that I think about it, my Nintendo days go back even further. Do any of you remember those handheld "pocket" games? The devices themselves were about the size of a pocket calculator, and each device only had one game on it. The background of the game was fixed and printed right on the screen and there were usually two to four buttons on it, which you used your thumbs to press. Here's a picture of the only one we ever owned - "Manhole":


These games might've been simple, but certainly provided hours and hours of entertainment.

I can also remember when they came out with "Donkey Kong" and it was all the rage because it was dual screen. Ha, the ancestor of the Nintendo DS. Okay, now I've really dated myself...sigh...

2 comments:

Vincent's Blog said...

Yes, I had one too (I think my cousin left it here when she visited from HK). It was one where there were paratroopers dropping from helicopters and I had to "catch" all of them in my boat. I also played another one a lot where there were babies being dropped from a burning building and I had to bounce them across the screen into a waiting ambulance.

I just remember having to buy those lithium batteries for these games and how it was a hassle to get them here.

Anonymous said...

I remember playing those too! Aaahh, that really brings back memories....