Last week, I dropped Fluffy off at the vet's for a routine blood test (for his Cushing's). I also asked the vet to have a quick peek at one of his eyes as I noticed it was a bit red. When I went back to pick Fluffy up, I was greeted with a solemn face and was advised to take him to a specialist (yes, a dog ophthalmologist!) as soon as possible.
After putting my poor little Fluffy through a whack of horrible eye tests (which I couldn't even watch - it absolutely broke my heart), the diagnosis is that he has an eye condition called Pigmentary Keratitis. Simply speaking, he has pigment running into his corneas, which over time, could cause loss of vision. Fortunately, the specialist said that we caught it relatively early, so it may be reversible. Unfortunately, it does mean close monitoring and treatment for the rest of his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment