Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lost...and found!

As some of you know, I'm not a huge fan of Facebook. I find some of the applications very annoying and frankly, there are a couple of people on my Friends List that I really didn't want to reconnect with. In addition, there are security flaws galore!

But, I must give credit where credit is due. There was a good friend of mine from highschool (I call her 阿妹) with whom I lost touch for about ten years. She moved back to Hong Kong about fifteen years ago, at which time we decided that we would keep in touch via snail mail. But I was a horrible pen pal - I only wrote her once for every four or five letters that she wrote me. So eventually, we lost touch. When I finally tried to get back in touch with her, I found out that she had moved, but I had no way of getting her new address. It was a nagging regret of mine ever since.

Anyway, you can probably guess how this story ends. Yup, I found her doing a search on Facebook and we're now reunited!

No comments: