At lunchtime today, I went over to the Superstore across the street to pick up a couple of items. Unfortunately/fortunately, the scanned price of one of the items was higher than the sticker price. Since I was using the Self-Checkout, I had to bring this to the attention of the lady supervising that area. So, she scanned the item, pressed a few buttons, then told me that I could continue with my purchase.
When I got back to my counter, I noticed that the total was only $0.52, which amounted to the tax for the item scanned. When I looked up at the transaction, I noticed that the lady had entered the correct price for the item, then reversed it again. Being the honest person that I am (sometimes), I brought this to her attention. She explained to me that she did that on purpose, due to the Code (see title; click on title for more information) which basically states that if the scanned price of an item is higher than the displayed price, the customer is entitled to receiving this item free, up to a value of $10.
So, I essentially got this item for free! Kelvin and I have been aware of this code for quite a while, but this was the first time that I got to take advantage of it. Sometimes, I think even the cashiers forget about this - often, we just get the price adjusted to the correct price. Mind you, this policy is voluntary and does not apply to all stores. But for the ones that do participate, you will see a sticker about it at the cash. Hope you guys will benefit from it one day too!
2 comments:
i know about this policy too but this is the first time that someone i know did take advantage of it.
can you describe how the sticker looks like?
It's hard to describe, but a copy of the sticker can be found on the last page of the PDF file (click the title of this entry to open the PDF). It's usually about the size of a 4R photo.
Post a Comment