Monday, August 11, 2008

今時唔同往日

One of my best friends got married this past Saturday (and a beautiful wedding it was!). I had originally planned to get an updo before going to her house to prepare for "picking up the bride", which meant getting to my hairdresser's for 5:45 AM. Right up until Friday morning, I was still okay with that plan, but Friday night was a different story. I was soooooooo pooped and was pretty much ready to crash at like 7:00 PM. I just couldn't bear the thought of waking up at 4-something and even if I could, I definitely wouldn't last the whole day. Since I was her co-ordinator for the day, that wouldn't be good. So, I made a last minute decision to go to my hairdresser's Friday night instead and asked him to blow-dry my hair "nicely". I felt kinda bad about not getting my hair done, but for my role, I think being alert and helpful was more important.

I guess I'm not young anymore. Even though I didn't have to wake up super early that day and slept in on Sunday, I was still really tired. I took a 2-hour nap yesterday and if it wasn't for Fluffy waking me up, I probably could've napped another hour! It sure doesn't seem that long ago that weddings were just another item on my calendar and didn't suck all the energy from me. Oh well, it must be old age....

On a side (but related) note, I just changed insurance companies and noticed that K and I got an "Age Discount" on our policy, the same discount and percentage that my parents got...!!

2 comments:

Mags said...

You did lots that's why you're tired. Everyone was telling me what a good job you did...THANKS!

Anonymous said...

No, no, no, I'm getting old...=( It was my pleasure!